Here’s a great way to enjoy a pork chop meal at an appropriate amount for a dinner serving. Remember, just because you’re striving to lose weight does not mean you have to give up everything you enjoy. If you manage the portion size and maintain self-control, there’s no reason why you can’t have a meal that tastes great and leaves you feeling satisfied. Follow the steps below and you will have an appropriately portion sized meal for you and your family.
To top it off, doesn’t a boneless pork chop melt sound like a delicious lunch to take with you to work? Sticking with health conscious options, using whole wheat bread along with thin sliced cheese, you can enjoy this delight and even include a fruit and bottle of water and you’ll be pleasantly satisfied.
Healthy Meal of the Week 15
– 25 minutes
– 1 pack thin cut boneless pork chops
– Mixed vegetables: broccoli, carrots, cauliflower
– Salad lettuce you prefer
– salad fixings & dressing (fat-free Italian used here)
– seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning
For Leftover Pork Chop Melts:
– whole wheat toast
– thin sliced cheese (pepper jack was used here)
1. Open the package of thin cut boneless pork chops and rinse both sides in cold water. Place pork chops on a plate or in a large plastic bowl where you’ll be able to add the spices.
2. Use the seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, and some Italian seasoning. Add directly to the pork chops on both sides and use two forks to repeatedly puncture the meat so the spices get the chance to be pushed into the meat and not just remain on the exterior. This really helps get flavor into the entire piece of pork. If there’s time, allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
3. Place a skillet on medium temperature. Add a 3/4 cup of hot water and place the pieces of pork on skillet. The water helps keep the meat from drying during cooking and also from getting too burnt.
4. Allow pork chop pieces to cook for a few minutes on each side then carefully flip. Do this repeatedly for about 15 minutes. If you’re unsure if the meat is done, take a piece out and cut in half to inspect the inside.
6. While everything is finishing cooking you can wash and cut the lettuce for your salad. Be mindful of the type of dressing you use. Caesar and Ranch are the worst so try to avoid those.
7. Serve an appropriate portion size of veggies, salad, along with a pork chop. Accompany that healthy meal with a large glass of water and you will surprised at how filled you’ll get on 350 calories.
Leftover Meal Idea – Pork Chop Melt
Even if you don’t have the ability to heat things up at work or wherever you may be, these pork chop melts still taste good even cold. In order to make these healthy pork chop melts, all you’ll need are two pieces of whole wheat bread along with slices of mozzarella or pepper jack cheese. If you purchase “thin” sliced cheese, you’re looking at only 40 calories a slice.
Use a tad bit of butter on one side of each piece of toast. Put skillet on medium heat, place first slice of bread with the butter side down. Add a slice of cheese, and then an entire piece of boneless pork chop. You can add some lettuce if you’d like also. Top with one more slice of cheese and cover with the second piece of bread butter side up this time.
Allow to cook for a few minutes then use a spatula to flip to the other side. It may help to place your hand on top of the sandwich so when you flip it to the other side the contents don’t spill out onto the skillet. Once the cheese is somewhat melted, you won’t have to really worry about this anymore. When both sides of the pork chop melt are nicely browned, it’s all done and ready to go.
If you enjoyed this Healthy Meal of the Week be sure to click this RSS link so you’ll be notified of all future healthy meals and healthy snacks. Also take a moment to sign up for our monthly Healthy Choices newsletter especially since you’ll get FREE access to our Healthy Meals Ebook and the Fundamentals of Weight Loss Success email series. This is a step-by-step guide giving you an effective and proven approach to lose weight. Just input your email address down below and you’ll get immediate access to these healthy freebies!